登录 / 注册



当前位置:首页>学习资源首页>英语听力>影视原声:《唐顿庄园》09 老爷和夫人在庄园散步

影视原声:《唐顿庄园》09 老爷和夫人在庄园散步

1 5240 分享 来源:必克英语 2014-08-15

Spiiker “影视原声”,感受纯正英音,体味高雅贵族生活!

[Scene: Robert and Cora go on a walk with the dog.]
[情景:Robert和Cara牵着条狗在庄园里散步。]

Robert: She was certainly reluctant to go into mourning.

她显然不愿意去服丧。

Cora: Well, she'll have to. We all will.

由不得她,全家都要服丧。

O'Brien's sorting out my black now and I've told Anna to see what the girls have that still fits.Of course, this alters everything.

O'Brien已经开始为我准备丧服了,我也吩咐Anna给女儿们找合身的衣裳。当然,这使得一切都要变了。

You won't try to deny it? You must challenge the entail now, surely?

你不用试图别否认了,无疑你必须考虑取消限定继承了。

Robert: Can't we at least wait until we know they're dead before we discuss it?

我们起码等他们的死讯确定了再谈这个问题。

Cora: Don't talk as if I'm not broken-hearted, because I am.

可别说我好像我不对此事伤心哦,因为我也很伤心。

Of course, I have never understood why this estate must go to whomever inherits your title.

当然,我也从未懂得为什么庄园必须给你的爵位继承人。

Robert: My dear, I don't make the law.

亲爱的,法律不是我制定的。

[Scene: Mr Carson approaches them from the house.]

[情景:Carson从屋子走向他们。]

Robert: What is it?

怎么了?

Carson: The Dowager Countess is in the drawing room.

老夫人来了,正在客厅等候。

Robert: I'll come now.

我这就过去。

Carson: She asked for Lady Grantham.

她想见夫人。

Caro: I wonder what I've done wrong this time.

我又是何处得罪她了。

Carson: And the new valet has arrived, my Lord.

新来的贴身男仆到了,老爷。

Robert: Has he? Thank you, Carson.What is it?

是吗 谢谢 Carson 有什么问题吗

[Scene: Carson clears his throat.]

[情景:Carson清了清嗓子。]

Carson: I'm not entirely sure that he will prove equal to the task, but your Lordship will be thejudge of that.

我有些怀疑他能否胜任这份工作,但是这还得由老爷您来论断。

[Scene:Carson returns to the house and Robert turns to Cora.]

[情景:Carson回到屋子,Robert转身面向Cora。]

Cora: I 'd better go.

我得去了。

Robert: Tell her about James and Patrick. She won't have heard.

告诉她James和Patrick的事,她不会听说到的。

1. 情景:有些事情是不由得我们去做还是不去做的,这样的情况我们可以这样表述:

Sb. will have to do something.

源于台词:Cora: Well, she'll have to. We all will.

2. 情景:你在工作中和某人发生了争执,引起争执肯定有一方是对的,一方是错误,但是双方都说自己有理。那么,这就会闹到总经理处让总经做个裁决。这时候,你身为总经理的秘书在总经理还未到之前可以这么说:

Sb. will be the judge of this matter.

源于台词:... but your Lordship will be the judge of that.

3. 情景:你是人事部的聘用人员,一个新员工在雇佣期间表现出色,完全可以胜任给予的工作,这时候,你可以跟总经理说可以证实聘用他,这是你可以这样表达:

Sb. proves equal to the task.

源于台词: I'm not entirely sure that he will prove equal to the task..

See more information, you can visit us

英语口语测试  http://www.spiiker.com/daily/
 
在线学英语口语
http://www.spiiker.com/english-plaza.jsp

 

1